Our 5 recommended naturopathic anti-inflammatory supplements are:
- An active ingredient in the spice turmeric, curcumin has been proven to reduce inflammation. You can incorporate it into your diet or consume it as a supplement.
- Green tea extract
- Enjoy as a cup of warm tea or consume as a supplement to reduce inflammation in the body. Research has suggested that it inhibits the production of certain inflammatory chemicals so incorporating this into your diet is recommended.
- Ginger has long been used in cooking and as a herbal medicine. Two components of ginger; gingerol and zingerone could reduce inflammation markers when consumed regularly. Consume up to 2 grams daily for best results.
- A powerful enzyme commonly found in pineapple; bromelain has anti-inflammatory properties. Providing the same benefit as some nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), you’ll enjoy the same great results without the risky side effects.
- Enjoy oily fish such as salmon or tuna, consume it as an oil or add a daily omega-3 capsule to your diet. If you are unsure of the root cause of your inflammation, omega-3 supplements are beneficial as they help to fight several types of inflammation particularly if the omega 3 supplement is practitioner grade and has a meaningful therapeutic dose.
What is the Most Powerful Natural Anti-Inflammatory?
When it comes to powerful natural anti-inflammatory supplements, we would strongly recommend eating your leafy greens. Incorporating kale, spinach and other greens into your diet is beneficial because of their powerful anti-inflammatory properties and is often included in naturopathic anti inflammatory diets. Containing a range of vitamins, minerals and nutrients including magnesium, these food products also enable you to live a healthier lifestyle. And a healthier lifestyle also contributes to lower levels of inflammation in the body.
How Does Magnesium Reduce Inflammation?
We know what you are wondering – how magnesium reduces inflammation? Magnesium is a common mineral in the body and is a key player in numerous biochemical reactions in the body. Those low in magnesium commonly have higher levels of inflammation in the body. It enables the body to function, offers stability to blood sugar levels, keeps bones healthy and strong, boosts energy and supports a healthy inflammatory response. So understandably, it’s essential to maintain a healthy level of magnesium through your diet and supplements if required.
What Can I Take Instead of Steroids for Inflammation?
It’s common to wonder what you can take for inflammation instead of steroids. Although medicine can be an effective treatment method for high inflammation markers, steroids have undesirable side effects and are not healthy to consume long term. So seeking a natural alternative is advantageous.
Your diet and lifestyle can have a huge impact on the level of inflammation in your body. Increasing your consumption of herbs (see our naturopathic herbalist page) and spices such as curcumin, green tea extract and ginger is beneficial as well as decreasing the amount of sugar-sweetened drinks, highly processed foods, deep-fried food products and refined carbohydrates such as white bread and pastries. Increasing your exercise levels and ensuring quality sleep are also beneficial.
Contact Us For Anti-Inflammatory Supplement Adivce
The cause of chronic inflammation is unique for each individual. If you are looking for personalised advice, get in touch to book an appointment. Naturopathic Wellness’ experts can provide advice on the best naturopathic anti-inflammatory supplements for your needs as well as other changes you can make to ease those unpleasant symptoms.